Friday, September 17, 2004

The Monument of Love

Taj Mahal is the monument of love of Shahjahan to his lovely queen, Mumtaz Mahal. The mausoleum was located nearby the Yamuna River, which is not shadowed by any other building.The work on this musoleum started at 1632. It was completed by about 1643, but the whole work including the surrounding buildings and the garden were completed at 1653. In total, it took 17 years. To perfect the building, the agates were from Yemen, the Corals were from Arabia, the Onyx and Amethyst were from Persia and the garnets were from Bundelkhand. Inside the Taj Mahal, laid the tombs of Mumtaz Mahal and Shah Jahan side by side.
Speechless...Both amazed by the building and the hot direct sun shine. We have to put off our shoes to enter the main musoleum, and not bringing socks was my biggest mistake. I had to jump jump jump because my feet couldn't bear the hot marble I had to step on. But the 3 hours trip was really worth. I could see one of human's best art work in the world. I was touched by the story of how LOVE could lead a man to build this amazing thing.


If I were Mumtaz Mahal, I would really be happy and touched of what my husband did.

If my future husband built his own monument of love for me, I would really be flaterred and visit him from Heaven (^_^)

No comments: