Monday, July 11, 2005

Gender!

I went to Desperados last Saturday night with Arief, Carla and Vitria. It's been quite a while for me not hanging out at night. And indeed it's already different for me.

I have to order only AQUA since I'm not allowed to drink alcohol nor soda. And I only can sit down somewhere behind and watched my friends having fun on the dance floor.

It was my first time spending time sitting inside Desperados for a long time. The music was nice, but for me the satisfaction was not complete. And because I sat alone, some "aged" guys came and "offered" me either drink or bed. HUH. It ruined my mood a bit.

I used my time to look around me. To the stage where the band played the music and the singers sang attractively. To the dance floor where my friends danced crazily with happy smiles. To the bar where crowds of men drinking with each hugging a girl. To the table on my left hands where a chinese couple talked intimately. To my right table where an Indian kissing a girl in passion. And to the two Japanese guys in front of me with several girls touching them here and there.

Well well well. I laughed myself.

Men and Drinks and Women and Intimate touches, that probably ended in a hotel room. As far as I looked around, no single man sitting alone drinking. All with girls in their hands.

Is this how men having fun? I bet none of them remembered their wives and kids at home while they're in their own heaven there. And none of them would listen to any complaints from their wives hahaha.

What if a woman do the same? Want some fun by looking for a guy in a bar? Eventhough she only thinks that it is for FUN (as what men do), men will judge her negatively.

Another type of discrimination towards female! World is so unfair.

No comments: