Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Maid look?!

This afternoon, in the elevator.
Conversation between an around-50-y/o-korean-woman and me
*that woman of course talked in korean. I didn't understand perfectly but generally i knew what she said*

she: azuma? (maid?) *looked at me with raised eyebrows*
me: no
she: how much is ur salary a month?
me: i am not azuma *Damn*
she: how much....salary...a month *tried to explain slowly*
me: hangulmal mollayo (i don't understand korean) *i also raised my eyebrow*
she: why?!? how much...one month...*started yelling at me*
me: mollayo...mollayo (dunno!!) *with raised eyebrow and ignorant face*
she: hey!!! where are you come from?! *loosing her patience*
me: mollayo *didn't even bother to look at her arrogant face*
she: blah...blah...blah...*i wasn't listening to her shit anymore*

*then i talked with Iki in Japanese*

she: ooooo ilbon saram?!?! (oooo Japanese?!?!) *with wide friendly smile*
she: ur baby is sooooo cute *trying to reach Iki*
me: hangulmal molla. mian yo (sorry, don't understand korean) *with arrogant face while pulling Iki away from her*

Cih.....I was not interested making any conversation with such woman.
Sucker!!!

I got this kind of discrimination here for like hundreds of times. People here are so unbelivably fussy. Always staring at me from top to toe, trying to judge how much salary does this "ajuma (maid)" earn a month working in their country. WTF!! well, even if i were a maid, they didn't have any right to ask my salary at the first place.

I don't give a damn to their judgements. indeed i look down at them, on how a sucker they can be once they THOUGHT i'm a japanese. Yet.....they would see me as low as dust on their shoes by looking at my skin color and appearance.

Hmmmm just a sudden thought now: do i look or have any potential look of a MAID?!?!?!?! hahahaha *bitter laugh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha.... lain kali kamu speak English aja ke mereka Muuutt...

Lagian kamu ngga kayak pembantu kok, mungkin next time kamu perlu pake jam Hermes dan kalung berlian segede kelapa.

Heheheheh

Anonymous said...

heheheh
iya 'kali ya :p

Anonymous said...

While I was living in Spain,
every day every time,
when I saw Spanish elder people living near my house,
they always asked my name and how much I have been paid for a week as a maid.

hahaha...

Once, an engineer from somewhere came to my house, I opened the door, he says "please call your madam", and I said "I am madam of this house." but he didn't believe it. Behinde me, there was our Maid, who's skin was white, hair was blond, sweeping the floor.
Once again he said "Senolita, call your madam!"
and I said again
" I AM THE MADAM OF THE ROOM WHICH YOU ARE VISITING!" ,
but he didn' beleive it at all.
He went back, and next day, he came again.
Finally he had come to beleive the fact.
The fact was, yellow skined me was the madam of that house, and white coloured blond haired polish woman, was a maid of mine.

....hahaha...!

Anonymous said...

buy a white t-shirt and paint it with red:

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!

or

TOO GOOD TO SPEAK KOREAN

Anonymous said...

Kuronjinba,
Hehehe...nice shot, huh?
Yeah...too bad that discrimination happens everywhere to minority group. People don't even pay attention to your background. Their judgement is like global: minor group = lower class heheheh (@_@)

Carla,
Hehe nice idea, though i doubt people in my neighborhood will understand :p