Monday, February 07, 2005

Oma in Memorial

Last Saturday, 5 February 2005, my grandma Emmy Taroreh passed away in her 81 years old age. Still can't believe it......I'm sorry Oma, so sorry. ..... even until you closed your eyes I couldn't manage to go home and see you (_ _o)

When I was in elementary school, my parents started their own business that they were too busy to take care of me. Sending me to Manado and let my grandparents raised me was what they did. So there I were, being taken care by oma and opa during my childhood.

Life value and custom; traditional habits, children songs, were taught to me by oma, instead of my parents. Still fresh in my mind, her soft voice singing to get me into sleeping; her small body rushed to welcome me everytime I arrived from school shouting; her small hands changing my cloth and tidying my long hair every morning before school. Her massage on my feet everytime I complaint of walking too much, her smile when we were talking about my dream being a doctor (which is not happened now!).
Oma who always wanted me singing while dancing in front of everybody, and even she asked me to do that last time I met her! (but I didn't do it since i thought that I 'm not a little girl anymore!!).
Oma always encouraged me to be number one. She was the one who said that I am small so I have to prove the world that actually am not small. Her words helped me building my self-confidence, and be what I am now.

Oma oma....you played a big role in my life, and I did nothing for you (T_T)!!!!!

81 years old of your life...I believe you did lots of big things. Not only to me, but to your husband, 7 children, 17 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren. We are all weeping of your leaving yet we believe you are already in peace now.

Hope you rest in peace, oma....

No comments: