Friday, March 07, 2008

My name is SHIERLY :p

As long as I could remember, except my teachers or my bosses, or my co-workers at CDU; no one calls me with my real name: Shierly.

I'm "elly" at home. No one calls me Shierly there.

When I was in elementary school in Woloan, a small village in Manado, my friends called me "potot". Which means "short". My uncle then made me popular as SPG - Shierly Potot Gode. I've told you the meaning of potot, while "gode" means "fat". Yeah yeah...I was short and fat at that time (>.<)



After grade 4, I moved to Banjarmasin where I spent the rest of my elementary school there. I was called "kucil" there :(

During my Junior high school period, still in the same city, I was called "acuy". A strange slang for the word "small". This "acuy" nickname followed me until high school then.

After graduating from high school I moved to Surabaya to obtain my university degree. Oh and I "graduated" from "acuy" nickname too *phew*. But I got another nickname: imoet. Which means "cute". I don't complain to whoever gave me this nickname. This nickname has the best meaning after all hahaha

Then I got married and moved to Korea. No one called me Shierly either. I was "K***o si waipu".

Now in Japan, I'm "Iki-kun no mama". No one bothers to know my real name, let alone my complete name.

My official inkan (Japanese stamp used for signature) uses kanji character SHIERI (詩絵里). Which will make me using "shieri" to sign legal documents with inkan in Japan forever.

And my family in Japan?! hahaha no one can call me "Shierly" as Japanese couldn't pronounce "L". Even Hiro calls me "Sheri-". And everytime he tried to pronounce "Shierly", he would produce weird "sherwwiii" sound (_ _o).

Perhaps I just miss to hear someone calling me "SHIERLY" :p

4 comments:

The Diva said...

SHIERLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY..........

nah tuh masih kangen dipanggil itu nggak???

Hehehe...

Sama kok Mut, namaku juga ngga ada benernya. Dari kecil di sekolah, dipanggil Shiela, Shela, atau Siela. Paling parah malah Sela.

Trus di rumah semua taunya aku Ella. (eh kita mirip2 ya??)

Cuma aku nggak pernah dipanggil Imut soalnya aku nggak imut, alias gendutttt. Lebih pantes dipanggil gode daripada kamu, hahahaha.

Di kampus, kamu dulu populerin bal lemak, hahaha. Setelah nggak gendut lagi, tetep ae orang2 panggil Ella, Lala (temen2 Goethe Institut Surabaya), dan di Jerman ini akhirnya beberapa orang native speakers yang tahu cara pronounce SHEILA yang bener akhirnya BISA panggil aku dengan benar!!! Hore!!!

Itupun semua rata2 nulis namaku di imel "Shelia", entah kenapa!!!

Dan orang Jerman yang geblek2 nggak bisa pronounce, tentu saja nyebut "Shaila" atau "Shayla"... huhh!!! ("ei" di Jerman dibaca "ay"... seperti Edelweiss -- kan Wais jadinya, atau namanya Yunita Weis).

Bete kan, SHAYLA, emang aku tampang penari perut dari Arab kah?????

anyway, hehehe, komen ini kok jadi berceloteh menyaingi postingnya ya?
aku cuma lagi males ngeblog aja, hihihi.

Eh aku komen lagi di blog Intan, let me know how you think about the make up tips.

Bagi2 tips juga donkkk ttg makeup. You know what, mungkin sudah saatnya mengaktifkan lagi blog NGERUMPI ????

Pake tips makeup dan suka duka jadi cewek (bukan jadi mama!!!)

Gimana gimana? Bisa invite Carla dan Intan juga, how???

P.S. terakhir: YA AMPUN ITU BOCAH LUCU BANGETTT ANAK SIAPA YAAAA, PINGIN NYUBITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT GEMESSSSSSSSS...hahahahahahaa...

Kitchen Planet said...

SHEILA (syila)... SHIERLY (syerli).. tuh bener gak manggilnya???
Tapi tetep enakan Mut..hahaha... btw.. kamu masih balita kok mirip Iki yah??? Terutama rambutnya yang berponi..hehehe :D

LadyNoor said...

SHIERLY SHIERLY SHIERLY SHIERLY SHIERLY SHIERLY SHIERLY SHIERLY!!!!

Hehehe... Biar puas Mut :D

Aku wis bisa mbayangin kalo ketemu kamu tak panggil imut aja lah, gampang :D

Btw, aku ngakak ngebayangin bojomu sendiri kesusahan manggil namamu... Hehehe...

Blog ngerumpi? Apakah itu? Bicara-bicara ttg make-up? Mauuuuu!!!! :D

To Sheila:
La, kalo kamu di sini dipanggil 'sheela'. Sebutan orang bush alias farmer untuk perempuan. Biasanya mereka bilang "Do you see that young sheila down the front?", or something like that. So people will call your name easily over here :D

Carla Chanliau said...

Rasanya tiap orang punya nasib yg rada2 sama kali ya? Orang2 sini sering salah manggil aku Klara mulu. Tapi saking seringnya (sejak kecil sampe sekarang orang2 yg baru kenal pasti salah nyebut) aku udah lama ga coba mbenerin namaku. Biar aja mereka panggil aku, mbak Klara, mbak Klara.

blog ngerumpi apaan ya?